Monday, June 8, 2009

Review Ready!

Howdy, thanks for visiting!

While not as in-depth as my Demon review, I think this will give you the same framework to building a successful army.

I've included a few tactic pieces, and lists I deem good enough to succeed in 5th edition.

I've always found it interesting that in every GW book, GW asks this question and never actually answers it:

"Why collect ... ?"

So, I'll do it for them.

If you have a foot list, you can run a foot army--it won't be as powerful as a mech list will be, but it won't be a definite loser.

Consider upgrading your army slowly, from your old foot with a couple Russes to a more versatile force with the new Valkyrie/Vendettas or the new Hellhound variants. This will get you a semi-mech force, and it will still perform well even with ground elements because your mechanized elements are very very good.

Once you have a semi-mech force going, or you are a new player thinking about picking up Guard...consider going full mech (you can still have infantry, they'll just ride around in their steel coffins--just kidding! You usually get out alive...) as it's truly what 5th edition is about.

Mobile tank battles, who doesn't dream of that?

With this list, you can fight them and you don't have to ever play a game of Apocalypse to do it!

So muster up some Guard, and start reading the review. :)

Update:

It appears I left out Storm Troopers, Penal Legion Troopers, and Sentinels.

I've found those posts and added them.

Thanks to Peter for figuring out I didn't include them. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment